Monday, February 25, 2008

Who Would You Pick for the Lightning Thief Movie?

Hey, guys, I'm in the mood for a game. I've been thinking about this for a while and decided to put it on the blog today. (Maybe because the Oscars were on last night) I'm sure everyone knows that Hollywood is going to make a movie of Rick Riordan's The Lightning Thief. Chris Clolumbus, who directed the first Harry Potter movie, is going to make this one. So here's a game--if you were the director, who would you pick for the different parts? Now it has to be someone famous and someone who is now living, so we would know who you're talking about. OK?

Here are my picks. Keep in mind that I've been around a while and seen a lot of older movies, so these people may be more famous to me. Some of them haven't made many movies lately, but I still think they'd be great.


Dionysus--Danny DeVito. My first choice and, I think, a perfect choice. He's got that "don't bother me, you punk kids, I'm stuck here for 100 years" attitude that the D-man has in the books. Besides, he looks like a big satyr.




Poseidon--Jimmy Buffet. Yeah, the singer. Some of you may not know him because his music is more for grownups, but I bet your moms and dads have have his music. This may seem like a weird choice, but think about it--he's got that laid back, good-time beach look that Poseidon has. But I bet he could be serious when he needs to, just as in the books.






Zeus--hard choice. You'd need someone who's mature, commands respect, and still seems able to incinerate you in a minute if you cross him. I'd pick Paul Newman or Anthony Hopkins.










Ares--Hulk Hogan. Yes, the wrestler. I kept thinking of him while I read the books. He'd be great--big, loud, strong, aggressive, ready to squash you like a bug.










Hades--Alan Rickman, who was Snape in the Harry Potter movies. Capable of being scary yet funny (remember how funny it was when Hades complained of the traffic jams on the way to the underworld?) or Clint Eastwood. Now imagine him as a giant immortal, sitting on the throne of the underworld. Brrr--makes me shiver!















Athena--Maggie Smith, who was Professor McGonagall in the Harry Potter movies. She looks like the lady you couldn't fool because she knows everything.













Voice of Kronos--James Earl Jones, the voice of Darth Vader. Need I say more?


There are no prizes for this game--I just thought it would be fun. What do you think? Who would you choose?

Carl

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I'm from Guys Read and I really enjoyed the game. I think it would be interesting and pretty funny to see Hulk Hogan play Ares. Especially in the part where he is in the swordfight with Percy. I think it would be cool to see Freddie Highmore play Percy because of the poor and unaccomplished feeling he gives you in the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, and Annasophia Robb as Annabeth because of her go-get-'em attitude you get from her on film. Thanks for making the cool blog!

Anonymous said...

Well I agree with Andre the Giant for Annebeth. But what about percy?

Anonymous said...

Well I agree with Andre the Giant for Annebeth. But what about percy?

Iron Guy Carl said...

Het anaonymous,

I have no idea about Percy. I chose well-known stars for th3e different parts, but how many famous preteen boys do you know? They usually pick an unknown person for a teen or preteen part, so I would know who to pick. Who knew about Daniel Readcliffe before Harry Potter?

Iron Guy Carl said...

Hey anonymous,

I have no idea about Percy. I chose well-known stars for th3e different parts, but how many famous preteen boys do you know? They usually pick an unknown person for a teen or preteen part, so I would know who to pick. Who knew about Daniel Readcliffe before Harry Potter?

Anonymous said...

i think josh hutcherson should play as percy!

Unknown said...

Josh Hutcherson i think will be the best roll for percy jackson
i mean u want percy to look cool but not to cool and he looks just like the person i imagined percy jackson would look like
and yeah i also agree with andre the giant for annabeth

Anonymous said...

i think josh hutcherson is a good percy and anna sophia robb would be a good annabeth

Anonymous said...

Holy moly I was thinking the same thing for Ares,Hulk Hogan.You're scaring me.

Anonymous said...

I think Cole Sprouse (Cody Martin) with black hair would be a good candidate for Percy.

Anonymous said...

okay so go to imdb.com and type in the lightning thief and voila all of the actors

H-J B. said...

I believe that Logan Lerman would be a very very good choice for Percy, (he is soooo HOT!!!)--but only as Percy at 16. He is too old for Percy at 12.

H-J B. said...

Yeah, I agreee that Hulk Hogan should be Ares. He is sooo the type. But i don't believe Josh Hutcherson should be Percy. He looks Waay too old.

Now That I think about it, I think Logan Lerman is the very best choice. At least his 17 year old body looks like 12!!(He is soo HOT!!!)

Thief Lord said...

I think the "Rock should play Ares. And Annasophia Robb should play Annabeth. And Bryce McArdle should play Percy.David Towne should play Luke. (Lerman is not a good Percy.)

Iron Guy Carl said...

Interesting choices. As anaonymous said, go to http://www.imdb.com/ and see who the current list. I STILL say Hulk Hogan would be the perfect Ares and, if Danny Devito doesn't get Dionysis, there is no justice!

Anonymous said...

I think that lerman is a bad choice for Percy. He is way to old. Just like in Harry Potter they all started out the perfect age but now they all look really old.If they make any sequels or whatever there all going to be adults.

Anonymous said...

yea anna sophia robb. make the best annabeth. shes got the blond hair and the peer-into-your-soul eyes and the first time i read the book i thought of her as annabeth and josh hucherson as percy. ever since bridge to terrabithia they seem to pop up together in my mind.