Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another Vote!

This one's from our friend Anonymous:

It think the Harry Potter series ROCKS, but Narnia has my final vote. Oh and YEA! Kansas! Anyone who can beat NC has got to be an awesome team. Can we do something like this again? Hope so. : )!

Thanks, Anonymous! We'll probably do something special again, but don't know when. Give us a chance to take a break (but don't stop reading us!). I've got to tell you, though, you're walking on the fightin' side of me. I don't mind your cheering for Kansas because they are awesome, but anyone who cheers for them because they beat Carolina, well, that person is going to deal with Carl, the Mad Duelist!!!That's right! Memphis may be my old school, but I live in Charlotte and I've got to pull for those TARHEELS!!! Beware, my friend, an angry Sith is nothing compared to angry Carolina fan!

Hey, maybe I'm missing something---maybe you're saying NC is great and only a great team could have beaten them. In that case, sir, I withdraw my sword! (Besides, our boys played well and then folded like a napkin in the Kansas game!)

AND, speaking of b'ball, why don't you send us a review for an extra 3 points?

Carl


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops! What I meant was that ANY team who actually beats the MIGHTY TARHEELS in BASKETBALL has to be very good. Not just any team can do that! That is pretty obvious.
Now when you talk about BASEBALL .......

Now you asked for a book review. Okay, here are several.

First,

Eulalia - Brian Jacques
This is the 19th book in the Redwall series. I think badgers are COOL! I really like reading Mr. Jacques books if a badger is feactured, like in Lord Brocktree.
This new book tells the story of Gorath, a young badger, who goes from being taken prisoner, by the evil fox Vizka Longtooth and his crew of sea rats, to becoming the new leader of the rock island, Salamandestron, home of badgers and the fighting hares of the Long Patrol. As with other books in the Redwall series you can expect to find lots of action and leasons in friendships.

I'm a big fan of everything pirate ever since the first Captain Jack movie. I just finished reading about the actor who brought us Captain Jack, Johnny Depp. This is
a book in the Blue Banner Biography
series. The author is Kathleen Tracy. The book starts off talking about who else, Captain Jack. Then talks about Johnny Depp's life growing up and how he became an Actor's Actor. At the end of the book his films are listed and other books and articles written about him.

Finally, getting back to Redwall, if you want to read a COOL graphic novel that has been written about another already written book, "Redwall: The Graphic Novel" is GREAT! The pictures tell a story that doesn't really need many words.

So there you go. three reviews.