Sunday, October 5, 2008

An Apology to Sophia and WordPlay Saturday

Well, now that Darth Bill has extended his hand in peace to Master Jedi Zack, we'll probably have a little quiet for a while. At least long enough for them (and you!) to read Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli and write about it. That gives me time to make an admission--I owe an apology to Sophia, one of the girls at Metrolina Regional Scholars' Academy who have tried the hostile takeover of our blog. I'd written about the mean and sneaky girls who attempted this vicious takeover but I met Spophia last Friday when I happened to be at MRSA and she is very nice. (Her friend Mary wasn't there but I found out that she's nice also) I felt bad for what I'd written, so I apologized to her then and apologize to all the girls at MRSA now. They are all very nice.

So why, then, do they want to attempt a hostile takeover of our blog? They're all so nice--why would they try to invade and conquer our beloved home? This puzzled me for a long time. Then I figured it out--they are so awestruck by the greatness of boys that they want to enter our territory and find out what makes us so great!! Of course!!! They are so amazed at all the books we've read and how good our reviews have been that they want to join us! Why, then, we welcome you!. Send in those reviews. The more you send, the more you'll be like us!! And, please, all you boys at MRSA and everywhere else, send in more reviews so that the girls will see how great and cool we truly are!!!!!

Let me take this opportunity to tell you about something really fun: our WordPlay Saturday here at Imaginon. It will be Saturday, October 11. There will be bands, activities, crafts, and lots of fun stuff. There will also be some authors who'll speak and answer questions and sign books, including Charles R. Smith, Jr., who writes poems about sports, and graphic novel author Josh Elder (who does Mail Order Ninja and The Batman Strikes). Click here and here to find out more and even see a video about it! The Book Brunch with the authors will be from 9:30 am--11:00 am, WordPlay will be from 11:00 am--4:00 pm, and the authors will sign books from 11:30 am--1:oo pm.
Hope to see you there,
Carl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SWEET! We'll come!