Monday, January 26, 2009

The Hunger Games, a Book Review on film plus More "Croc Bill"

Hello all me mates out there in the Land of Blog, It's me once again Crocodile Bill!!!!!! Well I hate to admit when I make a mistake, but I'm big enough to do so see. The infamous Brunner Boys came to pay me a visit just the other day and corrected something I said about crocks living in the ocean. Well instead of me telling ya, let's roll the video!!!!!!!




From me world wide renowned Tele show; produced and filmed by Mrs. Brunner!!!!!


I must make an apology to the Brunner Boys. They found this information in an encyclopedia and gave me the information on a piece of paper where it could be found. Naturally I lost the information, but what they say is right on the money mates!!!!!!

You may also remember from our January 18th post that are good friend Bobby reviewed "One False Note" from the 39 Clues Series. Well I gave him his book for doing a review but could not find our camera, so we did a little impromptu video. Take a look mates:



World Renowned Book Reviewer Bobby!!!!!!


Alright now it's time for me to talk about a book I recently finished reading that really blew me away. Check it out:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Now I have to warn all you potential readers off the bat that this book is probably a little to intense for younger readers. Not really any language problems, violence and the cruelty of the world portrayed may not be to all our blog readers taste. Okay now that I've got the obligatory warning out, let me tell you about this roller coaster ride book. It is by Suzanne Collins, who also wrote the Gregor Books, and set in depressing future. The United States no longer exist and what remains has become known as Panem. Panem is made up of the Capitol, where people have it easy and control the rest of the Panem, which is divided into 12 Districts. The Capital basically rules the Districts as a Dictatorship. Sometime in the past the Districts rebelled against the capital and lost. After the Districts defeat "The Hunger Games" were initiated. The Hunger Games is basically a reality T.V. Show where 2 tributes, a boy and girl, between the ages of 12 to 18 are selected from the 12 Districts (making a total of 24 teens) to compete against each other until only one player remains alive. The story centers on District 12's tributes Katniss Everdeen (16 years old) and Peeta Mellark (18 years old). Katniss becomes involved when her 12 year old sister is chosen for the games, which she can not bear to happen, so she takes her place. The games are violent and the tributes put through terrible treatment in the outdoor arena (encompassing a fast forest) all of which is televised for the Capital to watch. This book has so many twist and turns you will not be able to put it down. Can Katniss and Peeta beat the rest of the District tributes and even so what happens if they are the last two remaining. Only one victor is allowed. Don't miss this book!!!!! Even better news is that it is the first in a trilogy. Great Stuff!!!!!!!!! There is also a pretty cool website for this book that you might want to check out:
http://www.scholastic.com/thehungergames/about-the-book.htm.



Also I want to make a general announcement that every Tuesday in February we will be having a Wii Bowling Tournament from 4 to 6 p.m. at ImaginOn for guys and girls between the ages of 7 - 12 years old. Registration is encouraged so if you want to give it a go, call us at 704-973-2720.


Until next time guys,

Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book rocks!!!!!!! i read it in hours.