Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Sluggers and Sherlock Holmes

Hey, reader guys, this is Carl with a post that I wrote on Friday and scheduled to publish today, since this is a weekend I'm away from the library. Just wanted to remind you again that we'll accept reviews for the March Madness Slam Dunk Contest until midnight tomorrow. I'll get your reviews even though I'm not at the library, so send them on! I'll post them and the final results on Monday.
I thought I'd take a minute and talk about books. I'm really excited because I got the latest Sluggers book this week and will have time to start it now. Click here to see more. This latest one is called Blastin' the Blues and takes place in New Orleans. I'm a HUGE fan of this series. You'll like them too. AXEL talked about the first one yesterday--check out the post to see.

One reason I didn't start it this week because I was caught up in London in the 1890's, chasing down dangerous criminals with Sherlock Holmes. That's right; I was reading The Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes. Wow! What great stories!! There are 9 of them and some consider them the best of the SH stories. There's "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" with a particularly nasty villian with a particularly nasty way of murder, "The Red-Headed League," a funny mystery, "The Greek Interpreter, " with a very creepy setting and very creepy bad guys, and the last two stories, which were so suspenseful I could hardly stand it! These stories may be old but they still get you! Perfect thing for guy reading! (the only complaint I have is that the illustrations are kind of lame. Other than that, this books' terrific)
All right, enjoy the weekend and send those reviews! It ain't over 'til it's over!

1 comment:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Great reviews! Sorry I haven't been by in a while. You know I love you guys. :-)