Monday, September 20, 2010

The First Two Chapters of The Lost Hero--You GOTTA Read This!

The incredible Rick Riordan has done it again!! If you go to Rick Riordan's blog, (which you can find on the left-hand side of the page under "Links," you'll see a link to his new Heroes of Olympus site. If you click on the "About the Series" link, you'll see a "Sneak Peek" box. Click on that and you can read the first two chapters of The Lost Hero, the first book in the Heroes of Olympus series, which continues the adventures of the Camp Half Blood kids. Does Percy Jackson show up? Will you meet new campers? Well---you're just going to have to go there to find out!! I will tell you that you'll find all the excitement and humor you loved in the Percy Jackson books. If these two chapters are an indication of how the rest of the book will be, then this one will be un-believable!! The book comes out October 12 and the library will have copies. (although we may not have them on the shelves that day--it usually takes a while) I've got one on hold now!! CANNOT WAIT!!
PS--there's also a link to the book trailer--take a look here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to this one and loved the sneak peek! It's all I can do NOT to pre-order it for myself! I already ordered for the school and will be one of the first to devour it!

Although I liked the Red Pyramid, I think the familiarity and action in these Olympus books are more my speed!

Ms. Yingling said...

The really important question is this: Why isn't there a Lost Heroes pin, like there is for Mockingjay? I finally got my hands on a copy of this and have reviewed, with a few spoilers.