Saturday, September 6, 2014

Legos at the Mountain Island Library!

This wasn't me but it gives you an idea of what parasailing's like
Hey, hey, hey all you reader guys in Charlotte and everywhere else.  The Iron Guy finished up his summer in high style, going to Cherry Grove Beach in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina over the
Labor Day weekend. Had a great time and even got to do some parasailing, a truly MANLY sport. It was a good summer, especially for the library. We broke records with our Summer Reading program this year. We had 26 million minutes worth of reading over the summer--and a lot of it done by BOYS, no doubt! Thanks, guys, and keep it up.

Mountain Island
The beautiful Mountain Island library
jijohnson's picture
Ms Jionne Johnson
A lot of kids and a lot of Legos!


Alex and his impressive Lego



One of the most fun events of the summer was the Iron Guy's visit to the Mountain Island library. The fabulous Ms. Jionne Johnson held a Lego building competition and asked me to pick the winner! She also asked me to talk to their kids about this blog, which, as a truly helpful MANLY MAN, I was glad to do. There were a lot of kids there and a lot of great Lego creations. How was I going to pick only one out of all great designs? But, with the help of the kids, I finally chose one by Alex (I think that's his name) and it was very impressive. Thanks to everyone at Mountain Island and I hope to hear from you! Write in some book reviews and I'll post them on this blog.
Here I am (along with evidence of how well I've eaten over the summer) with one of the runners-up in the Lego competition.

No comments: