Monday, April 14, 2008

3 Pointers Being Shot Left and Right!!!!!!!!!


As Darth Maul (or was it that imaginary voice I sometime hear in my head?????) once said: "Let loose the dogs of War!!!!" Well, it's not exactly the "Dogs of War" but the sweet swooshing of "nothing but net" from 3 pointers in our Boys Rule Boys Read Book Series Tournament as the two finalists, The Harry Potter Series and The Chronicles of Narnia, go for the gold that is the Championship!!!!!! Let's take a look at some of the beautiful shots that have been made recently.

Stephen dribbles down the court, pulls up, and unleashes a 3 pointer:

"The Gregor books. That is one of the best books in the World!!!!! It was even better because me and my family read it together, so we all got to bond over what we thought was the best part of the book. I thought the fight with Bane was the best part. My sister didn’t think so. She thought the crushes Gregor and Luxa had on each other was. Eeewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!"

Eeewwwwwwwwwwwww, indeed Stephen. Speaking from a purley Sith perspective, we hate the mushy stuff!!!!!

Well that was quite a shot, but what do we have here??!!! Carl M. goes on a hot streak hitting 4 three pointers in a row (the most to date):

"I really like the Gregor the Overlander Series because Susan Collins wrote it cleverly. It’s a great fantasy story that’s believable. It has many twists and the only thing I did not like about the last book (Book 5) is that the series is over now.


Chronicles of Narnia is an awesome series about four kids finding a fantasy world of all kinds of creatures. It’s one of my favorites because it has all things I like in a book: A sword battle, fantasy creatures, danger and adventure.


I really enjoyed The Lighting Thief; it is one of my favorites now. The story is that the Greek Gods are real and it’s about a son of one of the Gods. But a war is about to break out over who stole one God’s Lighting Bolt.

When I first heard of Harry Potter it was said to be full of witchcraft and evil, but later - after I read the books- I realized anyone who thinks that is really stupid. If you liked Lord of the Rings you'll like this series"

Smokin!!!!!!! And just when you think the threes have stopped, Mona pulls up from behind the line and lets one bomb away:

"Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror by Chris Priestley - Edward cannot explain it. Uncle Montague fascinate him. His house is old, dark and creepy. And the stories he tells are unbelievable, but that seems to draw Edward back for more. Why is the house so cold? And why has Edward never seen his Butler? Pick up this page turner and read it today!"

Great shooting all. Man, this is intense, so keep voting for who you want to win and putting up those 3 pointers. This is really a tight and exciting finish and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Later,

Bill

1 comment:

Melanie said...

If you've read the Spiderwick Chronicles, you'll be happy to hear there's now Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles. The first book The Nixie's Song was really interesting. Don't know what a nixie is? Well, you'll have to read it to find out but beware because not all creatures are as kind as they might seem.