Friday, April 4, 2008

Another Comment From an Old Friend

Another one of our old friends and faithful witers is cyber kid 303. We got a new post from him today:

I vote for these two: Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia.
A bunch of my friends get together every month for book club and we all just read Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. It's about a kid named Jim who meets Captain Flint, a pirate with a saber cut across his cheek. Flint dies from drinking too much rum and leaves behind a treasure map. Other bad pirates come after Jim and his friends when they go to find the treasure. There are fights with swords, guns and cannons. Eventually, somebody finds the treasure and goes home with it, but I'm not going to give it away! Warning: there's a lot of old pirate language that's hard to understand, but even Jim can't understand it all.

Thanks, cyber kid. I am soooo glad that you liked Treasre Island. That has to rank as one of my all-time favorites. I think it's still the greatest pirate story ever written!! I'll never forget that mystreious stranger coming into Jim's inn, or the time Jim faced a pirate coming at him with a knife and Jim held two pistols at him and said, "If you move any closer, I'll shoot." Did he?? Man, oh, man, you have to read it to find out!!!If you guys read it, be sure tho get a copy with the illustrations (like this one) by the great N. C. Wyeth. (our library system has plenty!)

Well, cyber kid, that was a review, so you get 3 extra points!If you want more points, send in some more. That goes for everyone else, too!

Yo ho ho and looking for more reviews,

Carl

PS Hey, cyber kid, why don't you get the other guys in your book club to write to us? I thnk it would awesome!

No comments: