Thursday, March 29, 2018

Cool Spring Break Reading

Greetings, guys everywhere! This is the time of year when kids get out of school for Spring Break. In Charlotte, it starts--well, today! This is a teacher work day, so we've started early here. (How about you reader guys across the country? When do you have Spring Break?) I don't need to tell you how great it is to get of school for a week, especially at this beautiful time of year, so I won't waste time but tell that I've got some ideas of fun books for Spring Break. These books have been recommended by the Iron Guy and other boys and would be great to take with you on a trip or if you're hanging out at home.
(ps--I won't spend a lot of time commenting on these books. They have all been tested and approved by GUYS, so I can guarantee you'll like them!



The Hero's Guide to Saving the Kingdom, The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle and The Hero's Guide to Being an Outlaw by Christopher Healy

Any books by Stuart Gibbs, especially the Spy School series








The Big Nate books by Lincoln Peirce

The Ricky Ricotta books by Dav Pilkey (really good for our younger reader guys)









The Eragon books by Christopher Paolini

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods and Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan









The Copernicus Legacy books by Tony Abbott

and, if you like to grab a whole lot of books and binge read, the Who Was...
and What Was... books are great.


So are the I Survived books by Lauren Tarshis


I Survived The Great Chicago Fire, 1871















And if you're traveling, don't forget to take audiobooks!







OK, guys, here are some of my suggestions. What about YOU? What would you like to read or listen to over spring break? Leave your ideas in the Comments section below this post. And if you'd like to send in a review of anything you read, leave in the Comments section. I'll collect reviews after spring break is over and post them.
So, if you're on spring break now or will be soon, have a great time!


5 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great choices. I need to read the Hero's Guide series. Happy Reading!

Greg Pattridge said...

Even though my spring break ends today, I've noted the books I haven't read yet on your list and can look forward to reading them in the next few months. Thanks for the choices!

Rosi said...

That's a pretty good list. Someone is going to have a fun spring break.

cleemckenzie said...

Eragon was a favorite at our house. I have one very ragged copy on my library shelf that I can't throw away on pain of never being allowed to see any of my children or grandchildren again. I've been warned.

Iron Guy Carl said...

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. Right now, I’m being boring and reading some grownup books. Good reason behind it but that’s for another day.