Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jana and Her Boys Tell Us More!

Hey, guys, Jana has written again about audiobooks and one of her sons has sent a review of a graphic novel! (Remember I asked them to tell us about the audiobook of Stormbreaker and Where the Red Fern Grows?)Let's hear what they have to say:

I will get them to write in and tell of their love or not for Stormbreaker, and I remember the post about dead dogs, but I am not sure I want to give that away about Where the Red Fern Grows. It might be the original dead dog story though...still worth a look. We do audiobooks because we just seem to get too busy to read aloud every night but my boys still like to hear good books! And I want to introduce them to books I loved growing up, audio is the best way for me to do just that!

One more thing...I checked out Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute today and my oldest son (6th grade)read it tonight. Here he is:

This was a quick book to read. It reminded me of Captain Underpants. It was funny with lots of good drawings. It is the first graphic novel that I have really liked because it was so easy to read. I think most kids would like it!

Thanks, Jana--and son! I just finished one of the Lunch Lady graphic novels myself! It was Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians, about a bunch of evil school librarians who try to dominate the world by destroying all video games and Lunch Lady (with her trusty assistant Betty) must stop them! I agree with you; this one was funny, had lots of good drawings, and was easy to read. Yes, indeed, most kids would like it. I sure did. I want to go find the one you talked about! (BTW, if you want to find out about more good quick books or graphic novels, hit the tabs below) Besides, how could you not love a graphic novel about EVIL LIBRARIANS?


BUT--let me say that Bill, Zack, and I are not like the League of Librarians in that graphic novel. We LOVE video games. In fact, we have some the classic arcade video games like Pac-Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Tetris, etc. on our computers here in the Imaginon library. Come in and see!
Carl

No comments: