Friday, July 9, 2010

New Books Worth Getting Excited About!

Hey, hey, reader guys, I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything lately but the CARLMAN has been as busy as buys as a single X-wing fighter taking on the Imperial fleet! It's been a big learning curve, but I'm settling into the Myers Park branch library and enjoying it very much. I've already talked to three or four boys about the blog and hope to have some new reviews from them one day. In the meantime, let me fill you in on some books coming out this summer and a couple that we'll see later this year.

The first is Erec Rex: The Three Furies by Kaza Kingsley. I am a HUGE Erec Rex fan and am almost counting the days, if not the hours, until this one gets here! No one does fantasy,excitement,and imagination like the great Kaza Kingsley. This one is scheduled for release on August 10. The library takes longer to get books out, but I've got my copy reserved already! Take a look at the "Links" section on the left-hand side of the page to read what we've said about Erec Rex.



The next book I'm waiting for with mucho impatience is Into the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson Haddix. It's the final book in the absolutely fan-tastic 39 Clues series. This series has provided me with more hours of fun than I can count. Not only are the books incredible, but the website is a blast,with games galore and lots of inside Cahill information.





Then, on October 5, the second Brixton Brothers book comes out. The first one made a BIG imporession on me (click here to see my review and here to see an interview with the author) and to think that I can read another one this year is almost too good to be true. Action,mystery,comedy--it's got it all. Don't miss this one!






And finally, this may be the biggest news yet. Rick Riordan's new series starts this fall! It's called The Lost Heroes and continues the adventures of the demigods of Camp Half Blood. Percy Jackson will make an appearance,never, fear, though I think this will bemore about the next generatiuon of campers. Rick Riordan writes nothing but winners, so I'm getting thrilled already,even if it doesn't come out until October 12. You can find out more here.


OK, reader guys, keep those pages turning!

No comments: