Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Comment From a Real Author--of Books For Boys!

Hey Everyone,
Guess what? I just got a comment from a real, honest-to goodness author! His name is Max Elliot Anderson and he writes books specifically for boys. Let's hear what he has to say:

When Boys Don't Read
Hello,

School is starting, and again this year, there will be many boys who don't enjoy reading. I understand those boys because I was one of them. I hated to read as a child. Now I write action-adventures and mysteries especially for boys 8 - 13. My blog, Books for Boys at http://booksandboys.blogspot.com is in the top 5 on Yahoo and the top 20 on Google. You'll find links there to my web site and to 50 pages of reviews for my books. NEWSPAPER CAPER, NORTH WOODS POACHERS, MOUNTAIN CABIN MYSTERY, BIG RIG RUSTLERS, SECRET OF ABBOTT'S CAVE & LEGEND OF THE WHITE WOLF, are compared by readers and reviewers to Tom Sawyer, The Hardy Boys, Huck Finn, Nancy Drew, Tom Swift, Scooby-Doo, Lemony Snicket, and adventure author Jack London.This year, you can change the lives of boys by introducing them to my books. They are ranked by Accelerated Reader and are already making a huge difference with boys. The good news is that girls like them too.

Max Elliot Anderson, Author

Sounds pretty good, huh? I must confess that I haven't read any of his books and PLCMC doesn't have any. Maybe your library or your school does. Have any of you read his books? Let us know! In the meantime, I'm going to link his blog to ours. I've looked at it and it's cool.

No comments: