Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Challenge Is Accepted!

All right! A reader has taken up the challenge! The chase is on! The game is afoot! No, no, no----I meant we're off to a good start. Here is what our reader, identified as Anonymous, has to say:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Carl's Challenge! Are You Up For It?":


the book i am reviewing is "Chasing Vermeer." the book is about 2 kids that are trying to find a missing picture.the kid's names are Calder and Petra.


Well done, Anonymous . Come in and get your free book. Has anyone else out there read this book? I haven't but I hear it's pretty good. There's a sequel called The Wright 3 in which Calder and Petra and their friend Tommy try to save a mysterious house built by the famous Frank Lloyd Wright.

We're busy at the library, so I haven't got to do much reading but I'm working on 2 books right now. One is Long Arm Quarterback by Matt Christopher. He writes great sports stories and I always enjoy his books. The other is The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff and it's about the Roman troops in ancient Britain. The first couple of chapters have been good. I'll tell you about them when I'm done. In the meantime, keep those comments coming in. There's a dress for me if we get 9 more by October 31---not to mention a wig if we get 14 more and make-up if we get 19 more!






No comments: