Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Second TRIPODS Book...

...is a book that ROCKS!! Wow! What a great story. In this book, The City of Gold and Lead by John Christopher, Will, Henry, and Beanpole try a dangerous plan to get into the city of the aliens who have taken over the world. They train to enter the Games, a sort of Olympics, because the winners go into the city and serve the Masters. And the competition at the Games is fierce because everyone on earth (except Will and his friends) wears the Cap, a device that makes people mind slaves to the Masters. Can they get in? Without the Masters finding out that they wear fake Caps? Even if they can get in, what can a couple of boys do against the aliens who have taken over the whole world? I tell you, this was one exciting book! Go find a copy--or better yet, get the first one, The White Mountains, and start there. It's so good that you'll pick up this one as soon as you finish. That's what I'm doing with The Pool of Fire, the third book. These books are so good that, after you finish one, you can't wait to start the next one!

Carl
PS--if you want to read my review 0f The White Mountains, click on the tab below this post.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Hey, guys! I love your blog, even though I'm not a guy, and use your reviews to help me make recommendations for the guys at my library. I finished a book last night that I think you will love. It's called Half Moon Investigations and it's by Eoin Colfer, famed author of the Artemis Fowl series. Fletcher Moon (nicknamed Half Moon because he's not exactly tall) is quite bright-- he even took an online course and is a qualified private detective. Kids at school pay him to help them figure out mysteries and such, like who stole from their backpacks and what not. Fletcher has trouble when he breaks an important detective rule and becomes involved in his own case. Now he's on the run from the police and his family, and has only a short time to prove his innocence. This books is great!-- the language is precise and makes you feel like you're really there with Fletcher. It doesn't have a sequel yet, but I sure hope Eoin writes one!
Boys rule! (and so do girls!) Hurrah!

Iron Guy Carl said...

Thanks, Sarah! Would you mind if we made you an Honorary Guy?
BTW, I'll post this review on the blog Monday.

sarah said...

I would be honored to be an Honorary Guy : ). I've been devouring the Percy Jackson books (lovelovelove!) and am eyeing the second Vladimir Tod.