Friday, October 7, 2011

The Great Greg Heffley Debate

Sometimes, when the Iron Guy is not reading great guy books or pumping 16-ton weights, he helps work on a blog called Boys Rock, Boys Read. It's another blog for guy readers that a friend and I run. Recently we got into a debate about the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Basically, I said that I don't like them because Greg Heffley's a jerk. My friend said that's the whole reason he likes them. Furthermore, I said that Alan Silberberg's book Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze is a whole lot better. There's much more to the debate, of course, and you can read the posts here and here. (you can also read my review of Milo here)

My friend and I also talked holding a debate and giveaway on our respective blogs. So that's what I'm going to do! As of this moment, the Iron Guy is throwing down the gauntlet to all you reader guys, especially those in the Charlotte and Mecklenburg county area. I want to hear why you think the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books are great. Or why you don't. Or why you think Milo is better. And to make this debate sweet, I'm going to give the guy who writes the most convincing argument a chance to pick a prize out of our ultra-cool prize box!! There are books, t-shirts, and other cool things in there. And I'll give you three weeks to do it! So, come on, all you DofaWK fans. Tell us why those books are so great and make us believe it. Don't just say, "They're funny and I like them"--tell us why they're so funny. There are lots of funny books out there--what makes these better? Or why don't you like them? Or why is Milo better? The prize goes to the guy who, as I said, writes the most convincing argument on either side.

So hit that "comment" tab below and tell us. The Debate will go until 5:00 pm on Friday, October 28. The winner will be announced on Monday, October 31. (an auspicious day!) Then you can come to the Myers Park library in Charlotte and claim your prize! (if you absolutely can't get here, I'll find a way to get it to you, but it would be better if you can come here)

All right, guys, get those thinking caps on and those keyboards fired up and join in The Great Greg Heffley Debate!!

No comments: