Friday, August 3, 2007

Lord Vader Speaks Again! (So Does Carl)

Lord Vader's really been busy lately! Here's another couple of books he's liked:

My two for tonight are fairly short books. The first is Star Wars: Last of the Jedi - Jude Watson. I love any type of lightsaber action. Ferus Olin is a Jedi trying to help the resistance while he has to work for Palpatine. I liked Flame also.

My second book was more of a graphic novel. It was "All That Pikachu - Hideki Sonoda. It had a cool Pokemon called Charzard in it. It had two stories in there - both featuring Pikachu. It also had a Pokemon called Onix.
Speaking in an event tone now, I went to the Take Off event at the library today and it was awesome. I loved the cool experiment with the dizzy pain reliever and the film cap that burst off the canister. Mine almost hit the roof.

Mikie a.k.a. Lord Vader

Glad you had a good time, Mikie. I got to see you there! There was a lot of fun stuff to do. We have lots of cool events at Imaginon.

I've got another series for you guys--it's the Island trilogy by Gordon Korman. Wow! Were these books exciting! They're about 6 kids with behavior problems who are sent off to a rehab program called Chartng A New Course in which they spend all their time at sea, learning teamwork and better behavior. But the boat sinks, the captain is gone, and the kids wash up on a deserted island with no food, no shelter, and no supplies. They don't know where they are and there's no way to communicate with home. Could you survive under those conditions? Can they? I tore through each book, wondering what would happen to those kids. So will you!

The three books in this trilogy are: Shipwreck, Survival, and Escape.

Let me tell also you about a brand-new book I've just started, The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. It's really different; a combination of chapter book and wordless book. Yeah, that's right--sometimes the words tell the story and sometimes the pictures do. It's really, really good so far. I'll tell you more next week. Have a great weekend and keep reading!
Carl

No comments: