I knew it! The great Sith lord, Darth Bill, couldn't resist taunting all the Jedi out there. Well, as I also said, all hope is not lost. We have until September 10. Plenty of time! But don't dawdle or he will taunt you a second time. I don't know what dress he might have to wear, but what would you think about one like this:
Isn't it cute?
I'll be gone on my own beach trip over the Labor Day holiday (to a much better one than the Sith beach) but go ahead and write to us. I'll check the blog Tuesday morning.
If you don't know how to post comments or reviews to our blog or if you want to read what we and other boys have written, here's what you do:
1. Every post has a place underneath it that says "Comments". Click on it and it will take you to a place in which you can write something. When you're done, click on a way to identify yourself. You don't have to create a Blogger/Google account (unless you already have one); you can click on "Name/URL" or even "Anonymous." Then click "Publish Your Comment." We try to get your comments and reviews posted right away, but sometimes we get busy with other duties. So, if you don't see your comment right away, don't panic. We'll post it soon.
Don't forget--any boy can get a free book the first time he writes a review. If you live too far away to come to the Myers Park library, go ahead and write to us anyway. We'll try to find a way to get a book to you. Besides, all the other boys out there would love to hear from you.
When you tell us about a book, please give the title, author, what the book is about, and why you did or didn't like it.
2. Blogs go "front to back"; that is, the newest post comes up first and the older ones are put further back. You click on the "Blog Archive" to read older articles. The posts for this month have the titles listed. You can click on other months to catch our other posts. (Our introduction is in June of 2007; if you're new to this blog, you might look it up.)
3. Underneath each post you'll see a line that says "Labels" and several other words such as "graphic novels" or "Andrew Clements." These extra words are links to a subject; for instance, if you clicked on "graphic novels," it would pull up all the posts about graphic novels. There's also a section below on some of our best posts on the most popular subjects
4. Did you notice that the posts from last year don't show up month by month as they did before this year? If you click on the triangle next to the previous years, the months will drop down and you can go back and see what we and your fellow readers have written.
1. Since the Iron Guy works for the terrific Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, I review only books that the library already has or will get soon. 2. If you are an author or publisher or agent and think you have a book that boys will go crazy over, please leave me a comment under any post. I will look and see if we have the book. If not, and if the book looks good, I will contact Those Who Order Books and see if CML would be interested. (Please note--CML does not usually order self-published books) PLEASE do not just send me a book! I appreciate the offer but but first I want to see if CML has or will get it soon. And let me say this to all the nice people who have sent books during the last four years--CML underwent a lot of intense transition in this time and the Iron Guy was intensely busy with all the changes, so if you sent me a book and did not get a response, I offer my humble and sincere apology.
Boys Rule! Boys Read! is a service of Charlotte Mecklenburg Library