Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Guys Read Blogger Writes To Us!

Isn't this great? Hacksaw Jim Duggan, one of the boys from the Guys Read blog, has written to Lord Vader.

Dear Lord Vader,
I too love the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and even further advise all of you people out there who haven't read it to read it. If you like action, adventure, or even a little humor, I strongly recommend that you pick up the first of this amazing series, The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Also, I can't wait for the 4th book to come out. I loved the first three, and I'm drooling in anticipation of book four, The Battle of the Laberynth.
Your fellow blogger,
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Thanks, Jim! Lord Vader, I hope you write back to their blog soon. I'm so glad we have Percy Jackson fans on both blogs. Going to be a long time until May 6, huh?
Carl

1 comment:

Lord Vader said...

Dear Mr. Duggin,

Thanks so much for responding to one of my posts. My mom tells me she remembers you from when she watched wrestling and says you are one of the wrestlers she thought was a really good role model. I can't wait for the new Percy Jackson book either. I didn't know the name of it until I read your post. Sorry it took so long to write back, my whole family has been sick off and on for months and I can't go onto any site without my mom to watch what I am doing. I also just finished reading my first chapter book (on my own, the others I've posted about my mom read to me before bed). It was Da Wild, Da Crazy DaVinci by Jon Szeiska. I love Time Warp Trio books, reading them is great and then I can check out the episode I just read on television. I loved Leonardo's tank invention in chapter one. After I read about him in the book my mom took me to some websites about him to look at drawings of his inventions and also some of his art. I didn't know much of his art until I saw the Mona Lisa painting. I also want to know if I can place votes in for books in the series that I have read or if it has to be from the few you have on the blog site.

Mikie (aka Lord Vader)