Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rowdy Roddy Writes!

Our friend Rowdy Roddy at the SMS Guys Read blog has just written to us about Dave Barry's Science Fair. Let's hear him:
Hey Guys,

Boy it has been a long time since I last posted on your blog. I do come by and check in almost everyday, but have only lurked for awhile. This post made me just have to hit that comment button.

I just finished Science Fair and I have to admit it was one of the best books I've read in a long time. I highly recommend it to anyone.I have to say I fall into the Star Wars fan club. I don't have any priceless props, but I do have a Jedi Luke action figure in his black outfit that was handed out at the premires of the special editions back in the 90s. That has to be worth a few bucks. So if you enjoy a zany, madcap laugh out loud book do yourself a favor and read Science Fair.
A nuclear mentos has to peak your intrest a little?

Rowdy Roddy

Thanks, Rowdy! (or is it Roddy?) Dave Barry writes very funny stuff. Have any of you other guys read this book? RR also answers a question from the original post--do any of you have collections of Star Wars stuff in your basements or bedrooms like the father did in Science Fair?Hmmmm--I wonder if Darth Bill or Master Jedi Zack do? Good question!!
Carl
PS--I never got into colllecting Star Wars stuff, but in 1977 I had a set of cards that, if you put the backs all together, would form a poster scene from the New Hope movie. Wish I still had it now!


1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

Science Fair was really good, but as only an honorary guy, there were some things that I found... puerile. Luckily, there wasn't any language or potty humor. Just yesterday I had the speech therapist bring a boy in to tell me that Chris Lynch's Extreme Elvin had the sh** word in it. Sigh. Only so much we can do.