Thursday, February 26, 2009

Of Ducks and Spiders and Suspects

Well all it appears the sacred shelf of "Boys Reading" has been assaulted. As a Librarian and a Sith Lord, I must seek out and provide justice to the vile villain who would perform such an act. An act so incredibly evvvviiilll not even a Sith would perpetrate it (unless it was a female Sith, hummm.......). First I, the great Darth Bill, must present my short list of suspects who just so happen to be ImaginOn employees (convenient isn't it) and are very shady characters indeed.


Suspect Number One - The Evil Ellen


She looks innocent, but behind that smile; pure EVIL!!!!!!!!!







She was my number 1 suspect from the start. As I trailed her she was very careful to not show her face. Look:


Why so shy Ellen???????











Surely you are not guilty of anything??????


My next suspect may surprise you all, but evil has many faces. Some that we even come to trust.

Suspect Number Two - The Carlman!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Dunt, don, dunnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!)


When investigating this incident I noticed Carl acting awfully suspicious. When I questioned him as you see in this picture he claimed he was as innocent as an angel. Hummmmmm...is he really?





Soon after this questioning I found on my desk, along with my super cool Spider-Man Comic and the latest Star Wars book I'm reading, this Princess Book!!!!!!! Who would dare!!!!!!! Then I realized this was probably the Carlman, putting this book on my desk to make me a suspect. Don't worry intrigued readers, I will get to the bottom of this mystery!!!!!!!




Well as I continue in my Sherlock Holmes mode, I also have some cool reads to present. So check it out:


Walt Disney Treasures: Uncle Scrooge - A Little Something Special by various - This is an awesome collection of some of the best Uncle Scrooge Stories ever told. The time period of stories that this Graphic Novel (GN) covers goes all the back to 1954 up till 2006. These stories are filled with high adventure, terrific comedy and are just plain fun reading. Uncle Scrooge with his every faithful relatives Donald, Huey, Louie and Dewey cover the globe and their hometown of Duckberg in this GN with a whoping 8 full length stories. My two favorite stories in this collection are " The Seven Cities of Cibola" by Carl Barks and "A Little Something Special" by Don Rosa. In the first story by Carl Barks, Scrooge, who is down in the dumps, is thrilled to be introduced to arrowhead collecting by Donald and the boys (Huey, Dewey, and Louie). Even with all the money he has, he finds collecting arrowheads worth 50 cents each is too good to pass up! While searching though, the ducks end up on the trail of bigger treasure, that of the legendary Seven Cities of Cibola. Unfortunately the Beagle Boys happen to find out what the ducks are up to. The second story by Don Rosa finds everyone trying to find a gift for the duck who has everything (that being of course Uncle Scrooge) with the person who finds out what he wants most winning a million dollars. This turns out to be an evil plot to bring down scrooge by some of his nastiest enemies (The Beagle Boys, Magica DeSpell, Flintheart Blomgold and Blackheart Beagle). Scrooge, Donald and the boys are in it deep in this story. Find out what happens; check out this GN!!!!!


Marvel Adventures Sider-Man #48 by Todd Dezago and Jonboy Meyers - I just got finished reading ImaginOn's latest issue of this comic and I have to say it was most excellent. Spidey gets both The Scorpion and Electro on his case in a serious way when he thwarts robberies each attempts separately. They both decide to hunt him down and dish out some serious pain in his direction. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place, check this issue out to see how everyone's favorite web slinger solves this "shocking" and "stinging" situation!!!!!! Good Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!




Until next time all.....Peace,


Bill

No comments: