Monday, January 11, 2010

Toby Writes About The Roar

When I got in today, after spending the weekend settling an argument between Darth Vader and Mace Windu (those two never get along), I found a really great comment from our new friend Toby. He wrote about a really terrific book, The Roar by Emma Clayton. It's an amazing book that I reviewed way back last April. (check out my original review here) Let's hear what Toby has to say:

this book was wikid
i dont like books that muuch but i couldent put it down i really want there to be another book as it was so good and as she left the story at the end sayin how the children remember the dream
she has to make another one.

Thanks, Toby!! Wasn't that a fantastic book? I couldn't put it down either. And, yes, there is supposed to be another one! The tentative title is The Whisper and she's working on it now. I don't know when it will come out but I will watching and waiting for it!

Toby, you made my day!! I just LOVE hearing from guys about the books they like. Especially if you're a guy who doesn't like books that much. Maybe our blog can help you find more. There are some really great links about good reads on the left-hand side of this blog. Start with the Guys Read link at the top of the Links section. Good luck and let us hear from you again!

Carl
PS--if you want another book you can't put down, let me recommend The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. I know there's a movie of it coming out soon, but this one is the best!!!

3 comments:

Carol H Rasco said...

I saw your comment on MotherReader and came here to see the full "story" .... and wow, yes, my month would be made as well if I were you! Hurray and congratulations!

Ms. Yingling said...

It's always good to be reminded that when we get the right book to the right child at the right time, it makes a huge difference. It's my mantra for today. Thanks.

Iron Guy Carl said...

Thanks, Ms. Rasco and Ms. Yingling. Yes, it IS great to get the right book to the right kid. That's why we do what we do.