The MANLY SWEATY DOLL BLOGGER AWARD!
Yes, indeed, what do all MANLY MEN have in common? WE SWEAT!!! When we run down the court to shoot the winning shot, WE SWEAT!!! When we fight the barbarians at the gates, WE SWEAT!!! When we hack through the jungle in search of treasure, WE SWEAT!!! When we exert the least bit of mental effort, WE...wait a minute, that's not right. It's the perfect award to give to other bloggers who write about books guys love. So we've got a good deal here. As part of receiving the Fabulous Sugar Doll award, we're supposed to pass that award on to ten other blogs that we like. Well, we will do that, BUT, along with the Sugar Doll award, we will also pass along the Manly Sweaty Doll Blogger Award. Here are some deserving bloggers:
Charlotte at Charlotte's Library (she often links to our reviews of sci-fi and fantasy)
Elizabeth Bird of Fuse # 8 (a librarian in New York who writes for grownups but has turned me on to great guy books like the Percy Jackson and The Brixton Brothers series)
Jay Piscopo at The Undersea Adventures of Capt'n Eli (a great graphic novel series)
Jaymie at Bring on the Books (one of our followers who has boys of her own)
Jana at Adventures in the Library (another follower who has boys)
SWIRL at Book Clubs 4 Boys (yet another follower with boys)
Stable Granny at Writer on Horseback (an author who loves horses!)
Ms. Yingling at Ms. Yingling Reads (she spent a good part of January reading guy books)
Ms. Ellen at Girls Read Girls Rule (The World) (a great blog but we don't post to it beause we're guys)
Mr. Michael at SMS Guys Read (a teacher who runs a guys' book club in the Raleigh, NC area)
As part of accepting a Manly Sweaty Doll Blogger Award, you have to paste the picture on your blog (as you do with the Fabulous Sugar Doll Award) and answer at least 4 of these questions:
Tell a couple of things about yourself, the name of your favorite guy book, your favorite sports moment, favorite MANLY MAN movie, favorite manly music, and your Favorite Food With No Nutritional Value. Here's what the CARLMAN would say:
1. I can do the entire "I am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" song from The Pirates of Penzance.
2. I was a major in high school ROTC.
3. Guy book--the Percy Jackson series.
4. My favorite MANLY MAN movie is Spartacus.
5. Favorite Sports Moment--this last Super Bowl
6. Favorite manly music--Beatles, Led Zep, and the Who
7. Favorite Food With No Nutritional Value--any meat lover's pizza with black olives.
Zack? Bill? How about you?
1. Favorite Guy Book - The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaimen.
2. Favorite Sports Moment - The Red Socks win the World Series. (wow).
3. Favorite Manly Sweaty Movie - Aliens.
4. Favorite Manly Sweaty Music - Iron Maiden.
5. Manly Favorite Food With No Nutritional Value - Sweaty Chesse Cake.
Master Jedi Zack's Turn:
1. Favorite Guy Book: Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins
2. Favorite Sports Moment: when my Texas Longhorns won the 2005 National Championship
3. Favorite Manly Sweaty Movie: any of the Star Wars movies!
4. Favorite Manly Sweaty Music: Nirvana
5. Favorite Manly Sweaty food with no nutritional value: pizza pizza pizza!
Thanks, fellow MANLY MEN! And thanks to you, fellow bloggers! You deserve BOTH these awards!