Thursday, May 15, 2008

YIPPEEEE!!! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! THE NEW PERCY JACKSON BOOK!!

Yes, I AM excited!!!! I should be--I've waited MONTHS for this moment. Now it's here!! It's here!!!HOORAYYY!!!!

Ahem...ur, umm, please excuse my embarassing display of emotion there. After all, I am a librarian and must display the proper decorum and dignity of my profession. Here I am, quietly showing the copy I just checked out:
Notice how I present myself with restraint and...and...Oh, whatever, here's how I really feel:
YES!!!YES!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I've started on it, as you can guess, but have only gotten as far as chapter 2. Mr. Riordan has lived up to his high standards so far. This book is great!! There's action a-plenty and lots of suspense. Percy is up to his ears in trouble and it's just started. And something's happening with Grover--doesn't look good. Man, this has been worth waiting for!

Our good friend cyber kid 303 has already read it (he bought a copy). Let's see if he liked it:

Thanks for what you said about me. Anyway, I have a new comment. For my bookclub I had to choose a new book to read and I chose "The Battle of the Labyrinth" by Rick Riordan. Now I've read ALL the books in the Percy Jackson series. Here is my book report.

Percy Jackson is your average demigod son of Posidon. He goes to Camp Half-Blood to learn to sword fight and other useful things. I forgot to mention that Percy's mom is mortal so he is half-god half-human.Percy has to go across the Labyrinth, a deadly maze, with exits at Camp Half-Blood! Percy scoops poop, sets himself on fire, meets Janus, talks to a sphinx, participates in a gladiator fight, and sword fights in the Labyrinth. The monsters' and Titans' goal is to take over Camp Half-Blood, then Mt. Olympus! The Titans want to find Ariadne's string, which will help them navigate through the maze. Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Tyson have to find it first.I really like this book, and I suggest you read it. It is very funny and should be on the New York Times Best Seller List.

Thanks, cyber kid. BTW, you deserve all we said.

Happy Reading,

Carl

PS--Take a look at the Guys Read blog for a short video of their getting to see Mr. Riordan at a bookstore in Raleigh--the lucky ducks!

No comments: