Monday, July 21, 2008

Hacksaw Jim Keeps the Discussion Going!

Our good friend Hacksaw Jim Duggan from the Guys Read blog has responded to Lord Vader's comment on the Great Percy and Annabeth Discussion:

thank you Lord Vader!

I completely agree with you that Annabeth and Percy should go out. That reasoning just backs up my opinion that Percy should date Annabeth instead of Elizabeth.


Hacksaw Jim Duggan from Guys Read

So far everyone, except for cassiemoonlight, is in favor of PJ and Annabeth staying together. I agree but-----I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't happen. And here's why:

1. In the first book, the Oracle said that Percy would "fail to save that which matters most in the end." Percy thought the prediction had been fulfilled at the end of the first book, but I don't think it was. That book wasn't the end; Book 5 will be. So the big question is, what does Percy value the most? Is it Camp Half-Blood? Or is it Annabeth? If it's Annabeth then:

2. Annabeth was told by Janus and Hera in The Battle of the Labyrinth that she would have to make a choice. The choice had been delayed but not cancelled and the choice could kill her. What is that choice? I think it's between Percy and Luke! Annabeth has always liked Luke. Of course, she likes Percy too. I think that Annabeth will see that Luke's in big trouble. Remember how...wait a minute, I'm giving away information from Book 4 here, so skip this if you haven't read The Battle of the Labyrinth. I think that Luke became an automaton, like Daedalus, and that's how Kronos was able to use Luke's body. I think Annabeth may have to choose between saving Luke from Kronos and saving Percy from whatever trouble he'll be in and that choice will do her in--meaning that Percy failed "to save what matters most in the end."

Of course, I could be wrong. I hope so! I like Percy and Annabeth together. This story would be too sad. But sad things happen sometimes. All you Harry Potter fans know that. But what do you out there think? Am I wrong? Can you think of other ways the story could go? Tell us!!! Keep this discussion going even longer!

Not an oracle,

Carl

No comments: