Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wow! Cyber Kid Is Quick Again!

I tell you, all that cybernetic energy makes cyber kid 303 faster than the Millenium Falcon with a turbocharger! Here's another review from him about a very interesting-sounding book:

With all the talk about nonfiction books, the book below is the best ever about medieval jobs. Archers, Alchemists, and 98 Other Medieval Jobs You Might Have Loved or Loathed by Priscilla Galloway helped me understand more when we went to the Renaissance Festival this year. The book was written with lots of cartoon illustrations and was not boring at all. You would have hated being a gong farmer, but you'll have to read the book to find out what it is. I would have wanted to be a yeoman. What would you want to be?

Defintiely not a gong farmer. How do you raise gongs anyway? Do you plant them next to the cymbals? Or the bells? We have that book here (and at other branches of the library) and I might look at it this afternoon. I wish I'd known about it a couple of years ago when a boy asked me how much an alchemist would have made in medieval times. Well, even the great and powerful CARLMAN, who searches the farthest reaches of time and space for answers, was stumped. Fortunately, the library is even more great and powerful than me and after searching books and the Internet, I came up with an answer. This book might have had it all right there! (I think he was looking for stats on some kind of game)
Carl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i very much enjoy your blog- ut find it offensive seing that i am a woman

Iron Guy Carl said...

Please accept my apologies. I (and the other guys) try very hard not to be offensive. We want to recommend books for boys 9-12 years and try to look at the world through their eyes, using humor they'd aprreciate. We try very hard not to say anything offensive about girls and, when we make girl-boy jokes, try to make it very clear that we're being tongue-in-cheek. We're trying to have good fun and have run ideas past the women here if we think there may be a problem. Please let us know if we offend again.